Monday, March 15, 2010

Alive Again...

A week or or two ago, I decided that I wouldn't wait for work to come to me, but I'd make work for myself. So I started writing again with the thought that I'd record every week....getting my catalog up (songs for sale), while also being the medicine for my soul.

You see, I've found that I'm the happiest when I'm singing and it often frustrates me when I don't have gigs lined up like I want.  Unfortunately, I can't just take any gig. I have to strategically plan my shows as I don't want to be over saturated in my area or decrease my worth. You know like when you do a lot of open mics etc., some people think that if they can see you for $5 why pay more for you. So I think about stuff like that often. Anyways, I digress.

Back to what I was saying....so I made some work for myself and went to the studio this past weekend. It was such an invigorating experience. Though I love performing actually more than studio singing...overall the opportunity to create was therapeutic. I recorded 3 songs and am anxious to get back in there and go at it again.  

I'm so grateful that God equipped me with a gift that brings healing to my soul and to my others. So its game time, I will not sit idly while all the shows are coming together. I will write and record and prepare myself for whats about to take place...going to a new dimension! Lets faith it and work it at the same time! Naw mean! lol

1 comment:

ECJ said...

That's a good thought. Just one thing on the perceived worth. If you limit your local exposure, be mindful that you will limit your local growth. Even free gigs get your name, brand and voice out there.

For example, if you perform at a free venue, and have your website, bandcamp and social media sites all aligned, you can earn more via your own marketing. Once those new contacts are captured, you can convert them to past and future albums sales.

Just a thought. :)

Eric
Soulified