Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New York, New York...

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to New York to network with other indie artists.  Its funny but the more I get more involved in the music industry, the the more I realize that there are a lot of people with gifts and talents in this world..but not enough willing to step out there to meet others to catapult their careers tot he next level.  I know  I've been there.

Its so easy to be complacent within the musical circle in your hometown or area. Confining yourself to the same people who love your music. The challenge is getting it outside of your area to different people and networking, etc. At the end of the day, you can be talented, but if you don't do anything different to challenge yourself, you'll be in the same place.

I've decided that I'm going to make it happen. I sing in front  of numerous people, but I'm a shy person when it comes to striking up conversations and networking I tend to draw back...lol..  I've been getting better though.  I'm going to get even better at this to as I plan to go to New York at least once a month. It's game time. I have no excuse...tickets are cheap ...and I can build  up my New York fan base. A wise man told me you gotta to permeate New York...if you can make it there you can make it anyhere. So lets get it goin...what indie artist is going to take this challenge with me. Commit to 1x a month to travel to New York network and perform?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am definitely down for goin once a month. Just let me know when :-)