Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Transitions...

It just came to me about the things that I've been going through...rather it just dawned on me.  There was a time in my life where I'd just graduated grad school and was having a difficult time adjusting to  the transition from 6 years of college life (stayed to get my Masters) to  working a full time job. I was tired ALL THE TIME!!

Like, my God parents would be like,what is wrong with you. I would come home from work, completely zonked out. I mean completely drained from the world. At the time, I wasn't savy enough to convey my feelings and my parents just thought I was being lazy. I couldn't really tell them how draining it was being a social worker. How you are pretty much a human garbage can for kid's and parents feelings and limitations. I didn't know how to express my feeling too well to them at that time.

Well now, I'm experiencing much of the same except that I am self aware and more savy. I've done my time in therapy to effectively communicate my feelings and be aware of what I'm going through and so now, I'm able to identify this stage as a growing pain...a transition.

A transition from depending on a full-time job  to depending upon God and my abilities to sustain myself....all unfamiliar turf. But like i got the hang of balancing in social work, so I will get the hang of this.

 I'm  gonna track this transition and these feelings by recording. I have decided to record every week or at least write 3 songs every week....my next full length album will document this journey for sure. I'm gonna use the positive and negative feelings/experiences for my muse to create heartfelt music...there-by helping myself thru this process as well as others.

I'd like to hear about how you've handled some sort of transition in your life..

No comments: