Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Music'opoly

I won't lie, at times I get discouraged pursuing music as a career.  After turning on the radio and listening to what's called "music" & seeing the youth go wild like its the best thing since sliced bread, I started thinking. I'm like, am I getting older, or is music on mainstream almost non-existent. I started to think that I was chasing pavements by going after this dream. Like where does positivity fit in...more specifically where does my music fit in.

I pride myself in singing with my heart and singing about issues of the heart...but at times I feel alone in this. Like no one sings anymore or if they do they are "hidden gems" tucked away tucked away on a treasure hunt of some sort. I feel like I'm raging against a machine that has already sanctioned and brainwashed people as to what music is and how it should sound...I don't know, I'm just venting. Yes, we artists have our moments.

Its not that I think everything on the radio should be about one subject or a particular style...no I won't say that. What I will say is that the radio should be balanced not a monopoly. I hope it changes as I'd like to establish some properties in this music game. I'm just sayin.

No comments: